In this episode of Speaker Driven Business, Jacqueline explores the difference between being an influencer and having true influence. We all know influencers as those who promote products on social media to drive purchases from their followers. Jacqueline defines influence as the ability to affect how someone develops, behaves, or thinks.
Jacqueline advises nurturing both influencer and influence expertise. She encourages us to use influencer strategies to grow business while investing in enhancing skills of influence for the long term.
Impactful storytelling takes centrestage in this endeavour. To build influence and become an impactful influencer Mastering stories that captivate hearts and minds is vital for getting and holding attention.
This episode will compel you to value true influence alongside influencer strategies so we can effectively connect with people, shift perspectives, and change the world around us.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- The difference between influencer and influence (00:19)
- The types of influencers based on number of followers (01:12)
- The impact of influence on storytelling and why TED talks are popular (02:20)
- How long form stories captivate and sustainably change behaviour (03:10)
- Three reasons why you need to be intentional about using influencer strategies and investing in the skills of influence (11:36)
- Three things you can do to improve your storytelling skills (13:33)
“Influencers are literally a marketing channel. And there is no doubt that you can make a lot of money being an influencer. There is no doubt that using the same methodologies as an influencer can rapidly grow your business.” – Jacqueline Nagle
“Stories transport, ignite, delight, and shift and change. Stories are remembered well beyond the memes that we share.” – Jacqueline Nagle
“The ability to connect with people, to have them shift perspectives permanently, is what is going to change your world – and their world.” – Jacqueline Nagle
“It’s just whether you are happy with just being an influencer or you want to become someone of influence. The two are not mutually exclusive, and they can both be built.” – Jacqueline Nagle
Sir Ken Robinson
Martin Luther King
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Adam Grant’s Think Again Podcast
Elliot’s Magic Ticket
Pixar storytelling formats and secrets
Hero’s journey story