05: Calling BS on Fear of Speaking
Fear, the age-old nemesis of speakers, often prowls in the background, waiting to strike at the very heart of our confidence. Conventional wisdom suggests that this is fear’s sinister grip, paralysing us, but what if we flipped the script? What if I told you that fear isn’t the enemy?
In this exciting episode of Speaker Driven Business, we discover the power of certainty and how it’s reshaping the way speakers perceive and conquer their fears.
Fear isn’t an instruction to retreat; it’s an indicator, a signal from your body that you’re on the brink of something significant. When harnessed correctly, fear becomes a compass pointing you toward your full potential. Embrace it, study its cues, and use it as the fuel to ignite your passion for sharing your wisdom and genius with the world.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Challenging the idea that fear is the primary barrier to achieving goals (01:40)
- How to cultivate certainty and conviction in pursuing goals (02:49)
- Common myths and misconceptions to fear responses in speaking (04:03)
- Practical techniques to manage nervousness before speaking (07:03)
- Why fear is just a natural alert and not a reason to avoid new challenges (11:43)
“If you don’t have a level of certainty, then fear is going to be your constant companion.” -Jacqueline Nagle
“You shouldn’t make decisions about whether or not this is for you when you are in an adrenal crash. Your system is lying to you, it is trying to protect you from what it felt was a fear response.” -Jacqueline Nagle
“Everything we want is NOT on the other side of fear. Everything we want is on THIS side of certainty” -Jacqueline Nagle